Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HELP! 20" wheel bent

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:34 PM
LadyRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 20" wheel bent

Okay, my 17 yo son drove over a curb while hauling a heavy load of patio bricks. I'm not sure of the weight and it is possible we exceeded capacity. When he drove over the curb the rear tire popped off the rim and the rim bent (inside). My questions is "Will Dodge replace the rim under the 3/36 warranty? Anyone had a similar experience?
Also, the bend was not that bad and we, being industrious, thought we might be able to hammer it just alittle. This resulted in a crack, not too bad. Can it be welded by a shop that specializes in aluminum welding?

Last resort, any ideas on the cheapest way of replacing rim?
Thanks for not laughing!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Ruslt
Rookie
Default RE: HELP! 20" wheel bent

I dont believe they will cover it. I would either try and buy a single wheel off of ebay or you cancheck out these guys @ the following link. I used them once when a local tire shop bent my rims trying to install a lower profile tire.

http://www.wheelwizard.com/

Old 04-15-2004, 05:01 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: HELP! 20" wheel bent

Another thing I used to do was hit all the tire/rim shops around town. They usually have take offs. The only thing is that they may not want to break up a set. Also With the tons of the dodges on the road I know there have been some crashes. Salvage yard!!

Quick Reply: HELP! 20" wheel bent