Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Help! Looking for Speedometer Gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:33 AM
cubfan23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Looking for Speedometer Gear

The Dodge dealership in town told me they didn't have a speedometer gear that I need to get my speedometer/odometer back on track after my 5" lift and upgrade in tire size. I need one that runs about 620 revolutions/mile. Anyone know where I can find one for a '96 Ram 2500 4x4?

Old 05-01-2004, 05:28 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: Help! Looking for Speedometer Gear

Im not fammilar with the 96's.. but is it a mechanicla speedo? or electric? If so, id go with a superlift TruSpeed box, which allows you to recalibrate your speedo.
According to the pdf, http://www.superlift.com/print/appli...edcalchart.pdf , yours is electric, so.. thats what id get. Part num 33002

Old 05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
cubfan23

Thanks B][GT! Unfortunately though, it appears to be mechanical...I have a cable driven speedometer.

Old 05-01-2004, 04:25 PM
B][GT
Professional

Well, thats ood. Either way thou, the dealership should be able to get you the gear you need. you just need to figure out how many teeth you need. Im not sure where i saw a formula to figure that out.. I had to find one when i put 35"s and regeared to 4.56 on my Ford, the dealership sent 2 boxes of gears for me to try and figure out which i needed. they just didnt have the right combination to make the speedo right, so i just ran with no speedo for 6yrs, heh.. you just learn how fast your going.

Quick Reply: Help! Looking for Speedometer Gear