Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:52 PM
stump_breaker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I would never buy black - especially in Texas!!

Holds heat longer, shows dirt, dings and scratches..

Old 01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Quacker
Amateur
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Never another black for me

Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Blackflag

The color that I like the most? Well, besides a new black truck would have to one done in a Lexus dark platinum. Sure it will have to be custom painted, but its one damn good color. Factory color I would have to go with either silver, dark blue, red, or white. Not much of a green guy.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:52 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

Bright red is nice, but no matter how well you take care of it, light swirl marks appear over time. White is too plain. Black is awesome, but as everyone has eluded to, its a pain to keep clean. I'd rather have a truck that looks the same waxed or dirty, than one that needed constant attention - but thats just me.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
airbrat
Professional

ORIGINAL: ross944

yeah whites not much better...wish i wouldve gotten the dark gray one.[:@]
holy sheeot can your sig get any bigger??? [sm=ummmmokay.gif]

Old 02-08-2006, 08:27 PM
drjgarage
Professional

sounds to me like there are alot of lazy people. Trucks, cars, vans etc need upkeep no matter what color. Alot of stupid complaints about being lazy. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND CLEAN YOUR VEHICLES!!!!!! Do alittle work.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
dave thibault

i had a black f150 and now have a blk ram. The black looks the best when kept clean but gets dirty in no time up here in new england. You get the poland in the summer, salt in the winter so on and so on lol its a pain but id buy blk again

Old 02-12-2006, 01:17 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't buy silver because I'm lazy. I bought it because I thought it looked best, and I knew it wouldn't show scratches. I don't care how well you take care of a black truck, you'll see EVERY imperfection on it. My silver truck has imperfections, but its extremely hard to see.

With black, you can wash and wax it, drive down the street, and you'll be able to see the dust on it.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:50 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree silver is the best. Obviously I feel that way, that is why I bought mine. 2nd silver truck in a row. The only thing I would have considered outside silver was the dark grey metalic.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:23 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

When ya gonna get a Hennessy twin turbo for your Viper?

I was watching some videos online showing one beating a Huyabusa turbo. Impressive.

http://media.putfile.com/Viper-Vs-Crotch-Rockedt

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again