Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
buy black again
50.00%
not buy black again
50.00%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 AM
AcemanMCT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

Yep, I must agree it does come up with a really nice mirror finish!

And in response to WagRam, the 2006 and newer vehicles have that new Black Pearlescent paint. Awesome!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
solarwarp
Veteran
Default RE: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again

I had a black truck a few years ago .. in South Texasduring the sunnysummer, you open the door to get into your truck and the heat from inside the truck sucks the wind out of your lungs.

Pull up to a long stop light in the sun andmy ACcouldn't keep up except when moving.

They look good when clean... butwhen the trees are pollenating your truck has a yellow-green dust every morning.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
AcemanMCT

I can see the implications inSouthern Texas and owning any black vehicle. With the AC nto keeping up, I would rather think it's the humidity in conjunction with the temp, and not just the temp. In Las Vegas it keeps up fine during the hot months, from what I hear.

Pollen? Just another excuse to wash it... :-)

Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
boyd98
Veteran

<shameless bump>

dang this thread is a year old -

</shameless bump>

Boyd

Old 03-14-2007, 05:55 AM
canram
Rookie

Registered just to post this. Got my Ram about 2 weeks ago, still has the dealer shine (I drive about 6500mi a year). This is my second black vehicle in a row. There is just something about the color

To all those bashing the black, yeah it gets dirty faster and seems to attract flying cows like no other, but a clean black truck with a tastefull amout of chrome ... just wow! It also wears surprisingly well. After a hand wash with nothing but water, my trade in looked just as good 7 years later as when new. I probably wouldn't get a black work truck, but as a weekend cruiser there is simply no substitute.

BTW: How do you make those thumbnail attachments [sm=smiley25.gif] Nevermind, got it figured out

[IMG]local://upfiles/58332/1477775B09444A3FBD981841747CB1AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Ozni

Anyone got couple grand so I can repaint my truck lol I would like it quartz black with some metallic in it and some shadow custom made grey flames I love the dark green on my truck but after power slideing through mud in forest well go figure lol and some people think its cool if they slam on brakes on you if you honk horn at them on Hwy big mistake Im going to push that little Honda right out way pipe bumpers are nice.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
canram
Rookie

Here's a shot of the metallic black.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58332/65C36B06355D4F278F7FA4F630DF9526.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 AM
AcemanMCT

Isn't the Black Pearlescent, the 2006 color? That's what my two 2006's are (SRT10 and Power Wagon).

Ace

Old 04-01-2007, 01:10 AM
tinyfxds
Veteran

The owner of my shop has all black work trucks. He has the truck drivers keep them pretty clean. I really think that if you use the right products, you can keep black looking great a long time. His Duramax is an 02 and it looks brand new

Old 04-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Native Penguin

I have a black car, i am thinking about getting my truck in black...I love it.. its always a challange keeping it clean but its worth it when your done...take a picture it last longer...so when its dirty you can just look at the pic...

Quick Reply: Black looked so good at the time of purchase - would you buy black again