Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Looking to Buy 1500 Quad Cab Need Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Seaside
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Buy 1500 Quad Cab Need Opinion

I am in the market for a personal/work truck. I own a landscaping company and run fords but came across a 2002 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with 62K. I don't know much about Dodges or the 1500 and just wanted to hear the good, bad and the Ugly. Any thing I should look for at 62K? What problems could I run into soon. Any problems anyone has had or anything great let me know.

New to Dodge and the forum but want to make sure I know what I am getting before I sign on the dotted line.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
craglawnmanor
Default RE: Looking to Buy 1500 Quad Cab Need Opinion

Which engine, transmission, and transfer case set-up does this 2002 have?

Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Seaside

Sorry, it has the 4.7 with 4 speed automatic and I can't find anything that tells about the transfer case

Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Phatboy
Professional

Are you planning on pulling anything excessively large? I dont think a trailer with a riding lawn mower or two would be an issue, but if you are hauling around a back hoe you may want a little bigger motor.

Whats the price they are asking for the truck? That is also a major consideration. I have seen newer ones going pretty low, 2004s for around 15k, just depends on how much looking you are willing to do. The mileage shouldnt really be a big issue, just depends on if they were hard miles or not.

Do they have the maintenance records?

Quick Reply: Looking to Buy 1500 Quad Cab Need Opinion