Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HEMI Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004 | 11:10 PM
whodunnit
Default HEMI Problems

Just noticed something today on my way to work and was wondering if anyone else has seen the problem. My '04 HEMI set for about a week only being started and moved about 3 times so my wife could get out of the drive way. So it never got a chance to warm up. Anyway The problem is when I started it, it blew smoke. Looked like oil smoke too. I only have about 8500 miles on it and I never race it. The only thing it does it get me back and forth to work and pull my boat to the lake.
Any way I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen or heard of problems along these lines.

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:32 AM
rsenter
Default RE: HEMI Problems

Actually, I HAVE seen this problem. Dont put diesel in your gas tank anymore! ...just kidding. Hopefully.

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:37 AM
JCswm
Veteran

Does it start normal or did it seem like it cranked a little longer than normal???

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:49 AM
whodunnit

Actually it seems to start slower (crank Longer) lately and the last few starts it seemed to idle rough. Now these were just short moves, I only started it to move it and the truck never got a chance to warm up (I'm hoping this could be the problem) It seems way to early for oil to be leaking past the guides... doesn't it?

JCswm that wouldn't happen to be an '82 collector edition would it?
Thanks for the help.

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:53 AM
whodunnit

Oh.. the only mod I've done is dual it out. Flowmaster 2 chamber, one in and 2 out. Don't think that is an issue but I thought you should know.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:01 AM
JCswm
Veteran

My Avatiar is my RED '73 Convertible 350 4-speed toy!!! I'm repainting it myself
I've seen your problem before..... you might have a leaking injector
plan on leaving it overnight at the dealer so they can start it cold with the missfire monitor on!

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:07 AM
whodunnit

Great thank for the info.. I will make plans to drop it off next week.
On the vette, they are nice. I used to have an 82 collector edition. I spent about 2 years restoring it, mainly paint and carpet and such. I finished it in Dec. My X- girlfriend decided to run over a 7 series bmw new years day. So I had the car less than a month. Hince the reason she is my X.

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:26 AM
JCswm
Veteran

That sux.... all that work and you only got to enjoy it a month!!!
Mines a real nice surviver, i drive it almost every day while I'm working on it
I live in Florida and it's been a Florida car all it's life
I bought it & started on it in October
the paintjob is almost done then I'll rebuild the engine.... it's all numbers matching
I just bought a 465hp 383 stroker motor to drop in her so the OE engine can get a proper rebuild with no downtime!!

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:32 AM
whodunnit

That is great! One of my goals is to replace the car, but now Im married with children so it will have to wait a while.

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:45 PM
usmc6153

HELP' Anybody seen this,

I have a 2005 dodge 5.7 hemi with only 7000 miles on it, the problem is in cuts off @ 4000 rpm like the govenor is kicking in or something....... I can leave it in park and push the gas peddle and when it gets to 4000 rpm is will not go any farther..........Drives perfect until it reaches that point

Thanks

Quick Reply: HEMI Problems