Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:27 AM
Guaping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I just got my '04 Hemi 1500 flame red QC 4x4, and I absolutely love it! This is my first truck. I would like to ask you all about suggestions for a good fiberglass tonneau cover. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
whitey
Rookie
Default RE: Tonneau Cover

http://www.sportmasters.com/tonneau.htm#rollmaster

this site has few different option that might interest you

Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

I have a tonneau by A.R.E. - http://www.4are.com/ and I love it. Good weather striping, tough lock, slick look to the design. I would recomend this to anyone looking for a fiberglass lid. Their website has links to local dealers, so it should be easy to find someone in your area selling them.
Another company is http://www.gaylordslids.com/ They look pretty sporty, but I have no idea how good they really are.
http://www.leer.com/ is known for caps and tonneaus, but I wouldn't recommend them. I went to a Leer dealership and the guy told me that the ARE was a better cover. How can you argue with that?

Here are some pictures of my Ram with the ARE cover

Old 05-20-2004, 04:00 AM
wolfemml

I have an A.R.E as well and I think it was one of the best Mods I've made so far. It's a great lid.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:09 AM
scrizzle
Rookie

gravymonkey, what A.R.E dealer did you use around here? I haven't seen your truck on campus, but I was always there at night.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:36 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

I used this place:
JR's Truck Accessory Ctr.
430 Cobb Parkway
Marietta, GA 30062
770-419-2799

When I got my cover, they were having a sale - $100 off, so it was about $800, which included the painting and fitting.

I work during the day on campus, so I am not usually there past 5:30 - 6:00. What do you study?

Old 05-20-2004, 01:51 PM
scrizzle
Rookie

cool, i'll give them a call, thanks. I'm not studying there, I used to drop my wife off every night for class, she just graduated last week. What'd you think of Woodstock Dodge? I've already butted heads with the service dept, but they ultimately made me happy.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
gimpy3802
Default Tonneau covers and gas mileage

Hi everyone. I was wonder if anyone out there could tell me if tonneau covers make a big difference in MPG on the highway? Are there any good reports that can back the info up? I am hoping for at least 1 MPG.

If there is a big difference I’m going to get one asap. I need one that is easy to take off since I load up my truck almost every weekend, but I drive on the highway during the week. Any suggestions???

Old 05-20-2004, 03:28 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran
Default RE: Tonneau covers and gas mileage

I don't have any hard proof that they save on gas. I don't drive on the highway much and I got my tonneau a few months after I got my truck (during the break in period when I was easy on the engine). The few times I did measure my MPG with and without the cover, I did notice a small increase in MPG.
If you are looking into getting a tonneau just to save on gas and you do a lot of highway driving, I suggest you get a soft cover. They will be a lot lighter (my fiberglass cover is over 100lb) ans easy to take off if you need to haul something. I got mine mostly for the looks of it, but I'm happy with my highway mileage (without using the AC)

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover