Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Alma MI Morning Sun: Anatomy of a SRT10 crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:19 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Alma MI Morning Sun: Anatomy of a SRT10 crash

http://www.themorningsun.com/stories...crash001.shtml

Old 04-09-2006, 06:51 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alma MI Morning Sun: Anatomy of a SRT10 crash

Seems the author is making cheap shots in this article to car manufactures where he should be placing more emphasis on the competency of the driver.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:16 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The newspaper writer is certainly biased, that is one reason I posted the article.

However, what happened with that SRT10 reminds me of another post from long ago.

One of the all time great Mopar engine guys is Hugh McCandless

I remember reading a post by one of his sons where the son said his father had refused to help him soup up a Magnum 5.9V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The father said:

"You want to go fast?
I will help you build a race car and teach you everything I know.
You want to bring shame to the family name by being an illegal street racer?
I won't have anything to do with that project."

Old 04-13-2006, 06:18 PM
dieselram
Captain

I'd say thats pretty bias considering almost every vehicle on the road today can hit 100mph on the freeway. Its funny the writer doesn't mention driver error, especially considering the drugs found on the scene.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:44 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its clear the "RED HOT" truck is not to blame... its the "JACK ***" who was driving it!

It does NOT matter what you drive, a JACK *** is a JACK *** and he will still find a way to kill himself or even an innocent bystander.
That article is MIS directed toward BIG RED High HP trucks when that FN jurk could have killed him self doing the SAME EXACT thing in a pinto!

I had to stop reading it after the first page... the writer pent way too much time trying to pin this accident on DODGE... and not the FN retard who was driving.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 05-18-2006, 05:04 AM
arrowman
Professional

If only the masses knew how many officers have "incidents" in their beloved cruisers....
It's not the HP or the vehicle.... It's the dope with his hands on the wheel and his foot on the pedal.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

If I understand the idiot writer (a so called Sun Staff Writer), the driver lost control of his SRT-10, kills self after weaving in and out of traffic at high speed and did not have his seatbelt on, but the passenger who wore his seatbelt walks away. Police find pot and pain meds (BTW, Vicodin is not a powerful pain med).

Dodge is at fault because they made the truck with a V-10 that can go 100+ MPH, but fails to say many cars and trucks can go over 100 MPH. By his writing style he sounds like he may be a Chevy owner.

BTW, the Chevy part is not a cheap shot but based on my experience from reading Chevy newsgroups, hearing them talk in person and how I see them drive their cars and trucks every day on the road.

Quick Reply: Alma MI Morning Sun: Anatomy of a SRT10 crash