Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Free Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:17 PM
airbrat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Mods?

hi guys, I just picked up my brand spankin' new 04 SLT HEMI quadcab 4x2 pickup truck (breathe!) Anyhoo, I came from the world of import and domestic tuners and curious if there is such thing as free mods on these huge *** trucks? I know w/ my turbo Eagle Talon I could increase the amount of boost w/ a few changes. Is there any free HP mods that can be done to these trucks?

Old 06-01-2004, 05:33 PM
B12Teuton
Professional
Default RE: Free Mods?

What kind of "changes" are free and increase boost??
My Passat has a turbo, but there is no free boost increase I've ever heard of. Chip goes a lot but costs $300-$500.
For trucks... maybe drilling some holes in the airbox to increase airflow. Just a guess though.

Old 06-01-2004, 05:56 PM
airbrat
Professional
Default RE: Free Mods?

w/ any DSM (Eagle Talon, Mitsu Eclipse, Plymouth Laser) you can remove the BCS and squeeze a couple extra PSI's of boost. Plus there are many other free mods including hacking your air can, rewireing your fuel pump and many many others. Of course this only applies to DSM cars.

Quick Reply: Free Mods?