Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

REMOVING EMBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004 | 03:55 PM
METALMULISHA79
Default REMOVING EMBLEMS

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE THE EMBLEMS OR TAGS OFF MY TRUCK. I PULLED ONE OFF AND IT LEFT ALOT OF GLUE THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY. I HAVE HEARD OF FISHING LINE AND A HEAT GUN IS THAT THE BEST WAY?

Old 06-03-2004 | 04:06 PM
airbrat
Professional
Default RE: REMOVING EMBLEMS

use a lot of patience and a simple hairdryer. Oh yeah try using a wax based dental floss to seperate the badges. Finally use regular rubbing alcohol to take off any residual glue. I plan on doing mine this weekend.

Old 06-03-2004 | 04:48 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

Yeah, dental floss and heat works. Careful that what you use to take the glue off doesn't damage the clear coat. Give it a good wax job after or the area you treated (with alcohol etc) might fade or look bad!

Old 06-11-2004 | 06:45 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Careful on the heat, you can soften the paint and take off more than you planned. I just parked mine in the sun on a 90 degree day and slowly pulled them off. There is stuff called Goo Gone that worked real good on removing the sticky crap. And yes WAX!

Old 06-11-2004 | 09:39 AM
billyd12
Professional

sounds like RamIt gots the right idea, ill let ya know how it works, but im not going to wax it afterwards.
i'll prolly just get it re-painted it's all scratched up anyways....

Old 06-11-2004 | 03:29 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

On my '01 I just used a credit card... and the heat from the sunlight on a warm day.

Old 06-12-2004 | 06:55 AM
alienid

next time you buy a vehicle make the dealer take it off at the dealership. If they scratch it they fix it....I scammed to take off the badges by walking up to the sales rep asking him and when he was fumbling around with the answer I walked up to the detailer before delivery and asked him. The detailer ripped off the Hemi Sport sticker....too late after that.......Ha, Ha, Ha.......paid enough money for the truck especially here in Hawaii...I don't want to advertise Dodge unless they lower the price or give me stock in company...............The only logo I left on the Hemi Sport was the ram in the front

Quick Reply: REMOVING EMBLEMS