Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Transmission Groan

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Matrix04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Groan

Hey ive been noticing lately when the engine is warm, i get a pretty loud groan along with a vibration in the gas pedal, does anyone know what the problem might be? Please dont respond with, its a truck, its not supposed to work correctly.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:42 AM
CaliHemi
Default RE: Transmission Groan

I haven't noticed any kinds of "groan" from the gas petal. The only problems I have had with my 04 ram 1500 QC 4x4 HEMI is the front drivers wheel bearings were making a clicking noise when turned, the dealer took a look at it and fixed the problem the same afternoon!! Now the only thing that I dislike about my truck is that when it gets warmed up...every...say...30 secs there is a "clunk" that comes from the engine compartment. The dealership told me that this is normal because of the metal expanding and contracting. Seems like a logical explanation so I haven't persued that problem with the dealer. Now that I meantion it...does anyone else experience a "clunk" coming from their hemi after it's warmed up? Truck runs fine but it sucks to pull up next to someone and all of a sudden a "clunk" comes from the engine...oh well...

Old 06-04-2004, 02:52 AM
glock45
Professional

Maybe that "clunk" is the honda you just chewed up and your engine is spittin' it back out on the street.

LOL

Sorry I didnt have a real answer for ya!

Old 06-04-2004, 08:43 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm,
I was noticing a vib during accel. Before i could figure it out my u joints went and my driveshaft was rolling down the street. Check the u joints. if there is a shaking on the decel also when you take the foot off the gas, it could be ball joints. My convertor went also (at 30,000 miles) so check that. If it is under warranty still get it to a dealer. If not, check the u joints, then ball joints, then the convertor.
Out

Quick Reply: Transmission Groan