Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New guy looking for CAI and tune-up advice...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:30 PM
LongBed99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy looking for CAI and tune-up advice...

Hi all. I Recently bought a '99 1500 Sport 5.9L w/39K, and lurking on this board for a little while has gotten me very interested in learning about and adding mod's. So far, I've had a set of PaceSetter headers (shorts) installed, and I've got a Flowmaster 50-series dual catback system in my garage that will be installed this Saturday. Next on the list is a CAI, 180 deg. thermostat, and new plugs, wires, cap + rotor. And that will probably be it for awhile as the funds are dwindling. I've done a few searches on intakes and pretty much narrowed it down to a MAC, which can be had for about $150. And as far as the plugs, wires, etc., I was looking into the Accel tune-up kit for around $90 and a Hypertech thermostat for $12. I'm looking for the best cost effective/quality combo I can on these purchases, I'm learning on the fly here and just wondering if I'm headed in the right direction. Pros/cons?

Old 06-09-2004, 02:55 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy looking for CAI and tune-up advice...

Depending on how much you want to spend on a CAI, I ran this one on my 2001 and it was great, it is really cheap to due to the filter not being reusable but you can replace it late with a truflow or something of that nature.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...481520339&rd=1

Quick Reply: New guy looking for CAI and tune-up advice...