Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Check engine light.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light.

Before I bought my current ram, I was looking around and I almost bought this one , but I didn't because at the last second I realized it didnt have 4x4. But anyways, this guy was so determined and pushing to sell it that after I left he even called and dropped the price by another 500 bucks from our original deal. What scared me was that the speedometer had 30k miles and this car look like it had more, he said garaged stored, the paint was fading on the top of the bed,(something strange maybe? I think so) but what was even weirder was that he completely every inch, of the engine compartment was armor-alled. It looked like a brand new car. Then inside he had a check engine light on, he said that goes on when its time to change the oil. I don't think thats true? I havent had mine long enough yet for an oil change becuase I got it changed by the guy, but ya is that true or was this guy trying to jip someone.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:29 AM
rakram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check engine light.

My experience is with a new 04 ram with less than 1K original; check engine light (c.e.l.)x 3 trips to the shop. It was explained my problem was related to in-line fuel pressure. Causes? 1) Gas cap rubber gasket imperfection = gas cap replaced. 2) smoke test indicated loose hoses at evaporative cannister. 3) leak pump replaced (leak pump monitors system fuel pressure or so I was told). Regardless, c.e.l. has not returned, I 'm now at 3.7K. Personal opinion, oil and gas only mixes well with 2 strokes; if this guy suggested it was oil change related, he's unscrewing the wrong filter! Based on your description of the efforts at cosmetic coverup, I would not give this vehicle a second look except if you need the oil valve cover cap, as it sound like he has never found it!

Quick Reply: Check engine light.