Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Performance Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004 | 04:40 PM
weston24
Default Performance Help

HELP!
I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 King Cab SLT 4X4 with a 5.9 automatic. This unit is wonderfull at low speeds and 4 wheeling, however when you get it on the interstate at high speeds it stumbles all over it self.
Any suggestions?

Jeff

Old 06-11-2004 | 04:46 PM
moparturd
Banned
Default RE: Performance Help

Jeff. What do mean by "stumbles"?

Old 06-11-2004 | 05:16 PM
billyd12
Professional

the front axle trucks are buck nasty on the highway...
i do get alot better gas mileage on the highway tho...........

i'd have to say it's the front end ... u-joints, ball joints, tie-rod assembly, wheel bearings, and humm,
trackbar, anti-sway bar, sway links, and it's out of alignment big time... but really it's just usually
all of the u-joints (4)(shaft,hubs), and all the ball joints (upper/lower each side), and a good alignment
and your back on track.

thats what i just got done doing to the front end of my truck, except a very good friend
of mine and I did... it took 14 hours. wasn't fun, had to press the wheel bearing package
out of the spindles.. everypart was stock, making it 9 years old and rusted on....

Old 06-11-2004 | 06:32 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

Yeah, what do you mean by stumbles, if you are refering to lack of power then I would say put on a CAI, a new exhaust, get a PPIII, and even headers... IMO

Old 06-11-2004 | 06:37 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: slvrmagnum

Yeah, what do you mean by stumbles, if you are refering to lack of power then I would say put on a CAI, a new exhaust, get a PPIII, and even headers... IMO
Agreed. I've got the K&N, PPIII & headers and my truck does pretty well considering I've still got the 3.55's... until Tuesday (4.10's go in).

Quick Reply: Performance Help