Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004 | 01:03 PM
whippy8
Default Cruise Control

I just found this site and I think its great! I have a 97 Ram 4x4, 5.9L. Iam having a problem with my cruise control. I can turn it on and the green light comes on, but when I go to set the cruising speed it will not engage. Is this something that can easily be fixed or will a dealer have to fix it?

Old 06-16-2004 | 01:07 PM
B12Teuton
Professional
Default RE: Cruise Control

What speed did you try to set it at?
Won't work under 40mph, I think.

Other than that, it might just be a sensor on the brake pedal or speedometer.

Not sure of the cost, but this one is kinda hard to diagnose yourself.

Old 06-16-2004 | 08:55 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional

Ok just make sure you are doing everything right, over 40 or 35 mph, not sure, and have the cruise light on and hold it for a second or so, I don't know what could be wrong otherwise, try a dealer and if you still got warrenty then it would most likely be covered under that.

my 2 cents
mike

Old 06-16-2004 | 10:23 PM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

It is probably the speed control sensor. Does your speedo seem to move around erratically? ( you know, 65, then 72, then down to 57, something goofy like that? ) If you have access to a diagnostic machine, I'd get it checked because it's hard to diagnose without the codes.
I had this problem and, of course it never did that stuff when the dealer had it! They did eventually just replace the speed control sensor.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Cruise Control