Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New truck questions (SRT-10 hood & Ticking)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 04:18 AM
maddog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New truck questions (SRT-10 hood & Ticking)

Just picked up my new baby... Got a 04 RAM 1500 QC Laramie with the HEMI.. I originally wanted a HEMI Sport because of the appearance of the hood scoop etc but wanted some goodies such as leather so I went with the Laramie & sport appearance group..

I did get a quote from the dealer for the scoop kit (82208573).. they gave me a quote of $577.00 CDN .. Im thinking this is a little high? I was considering the actual SRT-10 Hood but can't find any costs and part numbers??

I recently noticed that the truck makes quite a ticking sound both at idle and when driving... The truck doesn't even have 500km on it and getting a little woried.. Is anyone else experiencing the ticking? The truck is still on the first tank of gas.. so I am assuming the dealer put in 89 octane as recommended on the tag in the truck.

Thanks!!

Old 06-17-2004, 04:32 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: New truck questions (SRT-10 hood & Ticking)

Since you emntion CDN, i was told from my dealer that the srt10 hood would be aroudn 1000 painted and installed. Id go that route my self, for a real steel hood, over the stupid stick on that the sport has.

I forgot to menion about the tick, ive read many a'posts on it, and most say it goes away with the use of some synthetic.. Ill know fo rsure in about 40k, about to get my first check up done. Reminds me, i need to call the dealer, i friend mentiond that maybe since i want to run syn, i can bump up the checkups to 7500 rather then every 5

Old 06-17-2004, 04:47 AM
RuckstaR
Professional

You dealer probably put in 86 or 87. HEMI can run on 87, but likes the 89 better. As far as the tick
ORIGINAL: mopartodd

They all make that tick noise. That's the Hemi's teeth sharpening themselves in anticipation of it's next meal. They prefer GM products.[sm=lol.gif]
Best description I've ever read.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:15 PM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

hey there, I have the SRT-10 hood, and it will run you some big cash.... well over a thousand canadian. After dealer markup, shipping, paint, and installation your looking over 1500 bucks EASY. The scoop IK dont like because its just a piece of plastic that is put on with double sided tape. And for that yeah, 600 seems like too much. I would just get those LUND double snorkel scoops for 150 bucks from Crappy Tire.

-adam

Old 06-18-2004, 12:40 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

My dealer (Woodstock Dodge in Woodstock, GA) has the lot full of HEMI Rams with SRT hoods. They do it as sort of a standard dealer option. They literally have dozens of them!

Old 06-18-2004, 01:01 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

My dealer (Woodstock Dodge in Woodstock, GA) has the lot full of HEMI Rams with SRT hoods.
I got my 04 Hemi from the same dealership, but at the time they didn't have any with the SRT hood. Seven months later they have lots of them[:@] Every time I drive past the dealership and see them I ask myself if I could have held out a bit longer. Then I remember, no I couldn't. My 83 Camaro just didn't have that much life left in it and wasn't fun to drive any more. So I'm still happy with the truck I got.

Old 06-19-2004, 04:56 AM
maddog

yeah, I know the feeling... I was trying to convince my self to wait until the 05's come out and see if there were any changes.... couldn't do it.. My self control fell apart as soon as I test drove the hemi

Old 06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

There is a guy in TX that sells the srt10 hoods for about $550-575 USD. That is pretty cheap, you are still looking about $900-1000 USD for paint and delivery. He also sell the SRT10 front bumper kit.

Quick Reply: New truck questions (SRT-10 hood & Ticking)