Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New mods!!....w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:52 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mods!!....w/Pics

I have finally started to mod the truck and install some new toys. Follow the link below to check out some pics of current mods.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/motorh...2000/my_photos

The first thing I've done were my tow hooks last fall which some of you may have seen, but recently I have done some new things. Last week I started with the install of my new PML Differential cover and Transmission pan. Both were easy to install and took about 2 hours each with taking my time and doing a clean install. Next was the install of my A-Pillar gauges. I chose to go with Engine oil temp, trans temp, and differential temp. However I chose to mount the differential temp sender somewhere else than the rear axle. I chose to mount it in the Transfer Case Fill plug (the drain plug is too close to the Y-pipe). Monitoring the temp in the T-case will be nice on those hot days when I'm at the sand dunes, or its icy and keep the truck 4x4 for extended periods. As you can see from the pics, I ran the wiring through the drivetrain crossmember. Some of the wiring is temporary until I make sure everything works the way it should.

Next up was the exhaust. I had some new pipes bent up for my new 50 series flowmaster. I went with a 50 series because I have past my days of obnoxiously loud exhaust. Maybe some day when I install headers I'll add some electric cut-outs. The pipes exit straight back because I wanted something different than the norml split in the rear or sides. I had the muffler shop make the pipes a lil long so I could trim them and install the polished tips myself after I decide how far in or out to mount them. The exhaust is a lil quiet for my taste, but has a good rumble through town, and zero interior noise on the highway.

I still have to mount the temp sender for the engine oil, because I have not decided where to do it at. Any good ideas? I thought about making a "T" at the oil pressure sender. There are still a few things laying here on the floor to install. The next thing to go on is the electric fan (Flex-a-lite 180), and a MotoBlue underdrive pulley. I also purchased 4, 6" offroad lights from summitracing, so keep an eye out for those pics too.

Quick Reply: New mods!!....w/Pics