Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.

’03 Ram Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003 | 06:38 PM
Cowboy8397
Default ’03 Ram Exhaust help

Hey guys,</P>

I havent had my new ram for very long and I am wondering if there is anyway to make my truck have true dual exhaust. kind of like the H-Pipe set up on the mustang. or am I going to have to run a type of muffler that is on camaro's that has a single inlet and dual outlets to give it a "dual exhaust" look. and finally will cutting off my catalytic converters make my truck run like crap? my bro just did it to his mustang with no problems. thanks for the help.</P>

-Justin</P>

Old 11-28-2003 | 02:09 AM
mazz
Veteran

Cutting off your catalytic converter would not be a very good idea at all! Most likely will void at least a portion of your warranty, will drastically reduce back pressure; not to mention it is illegal (Federal Law). If you do install true duals, you'll most likely loose low end torque.

Old 11-28-2003 | 03:01 AM
Cowboy8397

So what is the best exhaust option? a flowmaster muffler like the camaro's have that will have dual outlets and make it look like true dual exhaust?

Old 11-28-2003 | 03:30 AM
mazz
Veteran

If you want the dual look, I would go with a single in / dual out,with the dual outs2-1/2" rather than 3" pipe. As far as what's best, that's pretty subjective. Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Gibson, Borla, are probably the most common.You might want to check out the Web sites for each manufacture and do some research.

Old 11-28-2003 | 03:07 PM
Truckxpressions
Veteran

i you really wanted duals you would have to invest in 2 aftermarket ( or factory but aftermarket flow better and are about the same price) catylitic converters and then have all the piping redone. You would also have to relocate your O2 sensor. I have seen it legally done but its generally not worth cost.

Old 11-30-2003 | 05:39 AM
HEMI TT
All Star

How much are you looking to spend, you might as well put headers on there as well.</P>

I have a 14" Magnaflow 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlet my local muffler shop cut into may cat to make a 3" hole instead of the factory size, (voids warrenty on the cat), had to relocate the O2 sensor really no big deal. Sounds really great, looks bad ***!</P>

I agree with dsmazz you'll lose back pressure if you go true duals, you'd have toreally open the intake end to create back pressure for torq.</P>

Quick Reply: ’03 Ram Exhaust help