Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Advice on Roll Pan install and potential Hitch Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:10 AM
TonyH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Roll Pan install and potential Hitch Receiver

I am interested in putting a roll pan on my 2004 RAM. I like the style but a huge reason is to shorten the quad cab a little so that it will fit in my garage.
I have a couple of questions.

1) What is a good brand of roll pan to go with? Should I avoid any brands?
2) I have a stock towing package and after inspection it looks like the hitch receiver is welded into the frame. This will have to be removed since it sticks out about as far as the back of the bumper. Any problem with this? I would guess I have to get the sawzall out. Hopefully will not require a cutting torch.
3) I still want to be able to tow so now I need another tow hitch. I have heard that they are made to be hidden behind the new license plate in the roll pan. Is this true? Where do I find these?
4) Any comments and suggestions on installation tips or anything else would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Old 06-26-2004, 02:46 PM
rampage
Amateur
Default RE: Advice on Roll Pan install and potential Hitch Receiver

a sawzall will easly cut that stock mount off... you probably have to fine some class II or class III receiver and either bolt it or weld it to your frame to accomadate your new roll pan... as far as the roll pan goes, try sir micheals.. they make high quality roll pans and believe they make one with a flip down license plate too...

sir mechaels

Old 06-27-2004, 08:07 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

There is one brand for the behind the rollpan hitches. Ironically called "Hidden HItch". Had one on my "other" truck, which is now way gone. You might try a Google search or get a copy of "Truckin" magazine, and yes they do have some 4X4 stuff in it. haha

Old 06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
SRT 8 guy
Professional

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to buy a new house with a bigger garage.

Quick Reply: Advice on Roll Pan install and potential Hitch Receiver