Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Aero-Turbine Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:32 PM
NaviDave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero-Turbine Exhaust

Well - I like it...

My 02/5.9L does not come with a resonator - so I had just the muffler for about 3 weeks. Too loud for the city - and the wife.

I put on the AR30 resonator this morning (before the muffler). At idle - it is pretty much back to factory volume.

Foot to the floor - sounds unbelievable. It is definitely quicker - and it seems to tow better as well (tried that on Thursday).

My father-in-law had one put in this morning (his '04 Hemi has a factory resonator) - very quiet. Sounds nice. Good thing too - because I was fearing the mother-in-law backlash!

MPG - not really sure. It **seems** to sit at about 16 on the highway at 62mph. Usually was about 15 (not pushing or being pushed by wind). Hard to tell - it has been so windy here lately. My truck has instantaneous mileage readout - and it does better in the city once up to speed. It used to sit in the high teens - it is now in the 20-22 range.

I think the 3" single-in/single-out is the way to go. Not as flashy a 2 tailpipes - but it easily sounds nicer than the other modified Rams in the area. From what I have read - this is supposed to be better beause the exhaust does not have to fight to go out one way or the other. This muffler/resonator combo is the very definition of straight-pipe - with much more silence.

Dave

Quick Reply: Aero-Turbine Exhaust