Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

how hard would it be to make t

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Atvman8351
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard would it be to make t

how hard would it be to make true dual exhuast has anyone every done this,how do you think it would sound with a set of headers any suggestions/pics would be helpful plan on doin it this over the winter

Old 12-01-2003, 01:54 AM
HEMI TT
All Star

I think it would be a little pricey. It'd be cool though to say you have dual exhaust but unless you have change your air intake diameter with a whole air intake setup and a blower setup would create pressure because you'll lose back pressure, which in turn loss of torq.

Old 12-03-2003, 05:20 AM
5.9rm
Rookie

i had a muffler shop in my town custom bend tubing and run one pipe from each header, while also employing an h-pipe to hel with flow. then i finished it off with gibson mufflers and turn downs right after the rear axle. all of this was done with 3" pipes. it sounds pretty wicked. the whole thing was a little under $400.</P>

hope that helps</P>

aaron</P>

Old 12-03-2003, 12:18 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

You dont want to go true duals with our Rams...they are much to heavy!

Just like what TT said, you are loosing on your low end!

Whith exhaust bigger is not better!! the largest you want to go with out loosing performance is one 3 inch pipe! If you want the dual outlet muffler thats fine, but true duals will hurt performance, unless you are running a S/C!!

Old 12-04-2003, 02:42 AM
bluemoose89

well first thing i would do if i knew that true duals wouldnt kill my power is that i would get a set of headers. because that will depend on how you will bolt up/ weld up the rest of the exhaust. ...so now you have the headers on go app 2 feet past that and put a h pipe or and x pipe. then run the back to the bumper making your bends when they need be. dr gas ,boyce have some nice stuff you might want to check out

Quick Reply: how hard would it be to make t