Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HEMI oil change

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 05:41 AM
RuckstaR
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEMI oil change

Ok, I dont usually get mad on forums, but lately it seems alot of people have been responding really snottily to people's questions.

Does it make you feel big to make uncalled for remarks such as " wish people would read about the things they buy to know the potential and technology involved in the $ they spend". Is it actually any of your business whether I read about the chemical makeup of my engines internal coating?

I come here with an innocent question, hopin to get respectful answers, the same answers that I give others (and incidently the type of answers I usually recieve, and then I get this. Was it helpful? NO Was it necessary? NO Does it improve the atmosphere of this really good forum? NO Was it polite to the NUMEROUS other hemi owners on here who probably dont know that their engine is coated in places with "molybendum disulfide and plasticated graphite"? NO.

An appropriate response to an innocent question, followed by a goofy confused smiley, and worded in a way to make it more interesting for those reading might have been "No I am not using ultra specific material makeup quotes as some kind of joke, they are a part of your engine and because of this I say again, they probably would fare better with the original break-in oil" Now I know you were serious and had some legitimate info for me, as do the other hemi owners here, everyone learns somthing, you get respect for your knowledge and we are all happy. One does not have to make another look like some kind of ignorant idiot who throws money around blindly to pass along knowledge or gain respect in a forum.

Excuse me for the length everyone but I come here to learn and enjoy doing it until it is occaisonally marred but such incidents as this.

Old 07-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-04-2004, 07:57 AM
brderj
Veteran

Oh c'mon now, don't go taking off. You seem to know a crap load about engines, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated here. This seems like more of a mis-understanding than anything else. And if you have been treated badly by other posters here let the admin know, from the message I have gotten from them it will never be tolerated. I personally have never been treated badly here, I've seen a few go off the handle but its always been taken care of.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-04-2004, 08:06 AM
brderj
Veteran

I don't post on any other vehicle forums. Sorry to see your leaving, maybe you'll change your mind and we'll see you around again. Take it easy....

Old 07-04-2004, 10:57 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roadswimmer. Man, sorry you feel that way. I've been a member at moparchat for a couple years at least, and there is a whole lot of knowledge base there, but a whole lot of BS too. I still visit from time to time.

DF is cool I think because it's seems to be a younger group of people and I personally enjoy their spin on things.

Yes, lately there has been a bit of an emotional air about the board. I think since it's summer, everyone is a little punchy, maybe it's the war or the economy. I don't know. What I do know though is that I get cranky from time to time, and I'm not beyond considering that others are cranky too.

Your knowledge and roadrunner are welcome here any time. Hope to see you posting again.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:04 AM
moparturd
Banned

Dude. PLease chill a bit. Look at it as a chance to learn something new, or revisit something you may have forgotten. I'm sure he didn't want to come across the way you think he did.

Old 07-05-2004, 05:20 AM
dodgemech
All Star

Change your oil whenever you want and run whatever you want in it-the days of engine break-in are long gone. we haven't recommended break in periods for a decade or so, i don't even break in my own engines anymore. Technology has advanced to a point that rings take a seat in miles instead of hundereds of miles and bearings have never required break in. Flat tappet cam/lifetrs used to require break in, now they are all roller-0 break in required. Fire it up and drive it like you stole it-----HAVE FUN

Old 07-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-05-2004, 05:38 AM
RuckstaR
Professional

Im grateful for the advice, and I'd love for it to be true, but when you say "we" I assume you are referring to dodge...thing is, my manual clearly states a break in period and process for my truck, including no low gear agressive driving, while aggressive acceleration at higher speeds is to be used occaisonally to aid in break in. There has to be SOME break in process, whether it is as extreme as the manufacturer reccomends I dunno, but it HAs to be there in some respect.

Quick Reply: HEMI oil change