Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2004 Dodge Ram W/HEMI A/C STOPPED--HELP?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
RandyNJenny05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Ram W/HEMI A/C STOPPED--HELP?!

I need some help. The air conditioner in my truck just STOPPED working. I took it to an A/C place out here, and they said the blower motor works fine and that it was probably the Resistor switch, but they wanted to charge me $150 to take it out and make sure, then another $80 for the resistor swich. I told them I had to bring the truck back another day since it would take 2 hours(that's what they said)..... I looked on the Chilton internet and found the resistor switch... it's not BEHIND the dash like they said it was, so I pulled it out, got a new one for $40 from the Dodge House and replaced it... it didn't fix it... what else could be wrong? It doesn't blow air when you turn the *** at all. But while I'm driving, I can feel some cold air coming from the vents.

Your help is appreciated...
Jennifer

Old 05-30-2007, 12:06 AM
mdmorgan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 Dodge Ram W/HEMI A/C STOPPED--HELP?!

Is the blower motor still working or is it the thing that stopped? only reason i ask is cause my truck was doing the same thing (cold air, no force)but the blower motor was running, what it was for me was the flapper door in the a/c box under the dash that moves to select fresh air or recirculation air had broke off from where it pivots and was blocking any air from getting into the system to get blown out, i just removed the door and now it works. hope this helps

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Ram W/HEMI A/C STOPPED--HELP?!