Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

"Bouncy" ride???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Ratchet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Bouncy" ride???

I've noticed that it seems like every little bump I hit in the road translates into a few seconds of bouncing. Any ideas? Is it just shocks that need replacing? I've looked the frame over for cracks, and haven't seen anything. Please help... very irritating.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:25 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: "Bouncy" ride???

Shocks would definately help. My suggestion would be Rancho or Bilstein. For a lighter budget, you might want to look at Monroe.

Old 07-11-2004, 02:00 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

You can try the the 3 bounce test. Used to work in the old days. I tried it ealier and I had to open the hood and stand on the bumper, then jump off. Count the bounces if over 3 new shocks are in order.

Old 07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Ratchet
Rookie

Well, I noticed that going over the speed bumps at work, the front is really sloppy, but the rear feels fine. I was planning on doing the front shocks mainly because of this, but I swear, the "bounce" seems to be coming from the mid-section of the frame. Like I said, I've looked it over, and didn't see anything. I went for a ride in my sisters dually, and didn't feel anything like what I'm experiencing. I'll start with the front shocks, and see what happens. Thanks for the replies!

Quick Reply: "Bouncy" ride???