Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

bad plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:47 PM
dodgeram56
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad plugs

I think i might have some bad spark plugs and i want to replace them but i dont know which ones to go with, I would like to use a performance plug. Any suggestions?

Also i want to do a full tune up while imspending the money am i leaving anything out i need to get new wires, plugs, cap, and rotor???

Old 07-12-2004, 01:59 PM
DODGEBOY318
Default RE: bad plugs

MY OPINION GO WITH THE BOSCH PLATINUM 2 PLUGS I PUT THOSE IN MY TRUCK AND IT SEEMS TO WORK GREAT PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO GAP THEM ... I ALSO FOUND THE BOSCH WIRE SETS TO BE VARY DEPENDABLE... AND THEY HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:26 PM
B][GT
Professional

When it comes time to do my plugs, ill most likely go with some of them Densco Iridium's. As for the plugs wire cap and rotor, since ive got a 04'.. im not to sure whats in there. But ive alwasy gone with Accel on my other trucks, and they all seem to work fine for me.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:53 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use Champion's. Spark plugs cannot, will not, have never increased power or performance. All the plug does is light the fire-i'm sure after spending 100 on plugs you THINK it runs better-it doesn't. I have pulled out lots of platnum this and +4 that plugs for driveabuility issues. Just use the OE stuff, spend your $$ on CAI or exhaust or something will actually make difference.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Owen

ALWAYS use Champion Coppers in a Dodge. If you want more "performance" you can always go with their Truck Plug. They have larger cores. Platinums will just foul much quicker and are usually only for imports. Champions are what Dodge engines are designed for.

Quick Reply: bad plugs