Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:14 PM
dave_magoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

Afternoon all,

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.2L Automatic
I recently have been seeing the check engine light come on due to a misfire in Plug #2.
I ran into this problem a couple of years ago, and a friend of mine, who worked for a Dodge dealership at the time, was able to provide me a revised spark plug wiring diagram. He stated the factory installation diagram was incorrect and wires would connect, canceling each other out at times, causing misfires. He re-wired my truck for me and the problem went away, up until now. I had a thorough tune up done which replaced all the wires and sparkplugs. After the tune up, the light has come back on and turned off periodically. I've had my mechanic reset the computer, but it comes back on. As you know, the truck runs rich with the light on and I just can't afford the gas. Does anyone have access to the revised spark plug wiring diagram for the 1998 Dodge Ram? I appreciate your assistance. Thanks.
Dave
Dave_magoo@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light