Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

TRUE STORY BEHIND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING "CHIPS" ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:41 AM
hemiwolf
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRUE STORY BEHIND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING "CHIPS" ??

BULLDOG,

I for one am waiting for the Hypertech programmer for my 2003 HEMI. Everything else seems to be defeated by the learning ECM within a few hours of running..

What other kinds of after market parts do you intend to manufacture? We can take this conversation PM if you like.

Hemiwolf

Old 07-19-2004, 01:53 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: TRUE STORY BEHIND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING "CHIPS" ??

Bulldog, I put the Hypertech PP3 s/w on my 2000 360 and did notice a difference. To give some background on my truck, it was stock when I got it and the 1st mod was the FIPK2 from K&N (had to because the stock air box had a crack in it). 2nd & 3rd mods came together when I had to repair a bad valve seat on one of the heads, Hypertech & Gibson headers. I had stock 3.55 gearing at that point and it was actually running pretty quick with the 285's on it. Now it's re-geared w/4.11's & has the flowmaster exhaust and runs really good. I just got back from a 2800 mile trip & was impressed with the pulling power going over some of the summits in NV, WY and UT. Easily accelerates in 3rd & can slightly accelerate in 4th going up some pretty steep grades. Next I'm going to try to tweek the exhaust a little to get back some of the low end torque lost in the exhaust upgrade (I'd rather have power on the low end). Another mod worth mentioning is the addition of a fuel cooler prior to the fuel rail and insulating the fuel rail to prevent heat soak. Right after doing those 2 mods, you could feel more low end grunt, but the next day the dual out flowmaster went on and it that low end gain was lost... I want it back!! BTW, the cooler is worth 6% increase in fuel economy (I have data to back it up)

Anyway, once the tweek on the exhaust is done, I can easily un-install the Hypertech program & give you some feedback on performance. Future mods will include the 1.7 RR's and the 50 or 52mm Fastman TB, MSD 6a ignition & blaster coil. Hopefully within the next month or 2.

Quick Reply: TRUE STORY BEHIND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING "CHIPS" ??