Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

new

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
getinshapecindy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new

I bought my '99 V10 4x4 Ram new. It had every option excluding the moon roof. It had Ranch Hand front and back, 37s, lifted, 4.56 gears, headers, perfomance intake, chip, etc., etc., and the Daddy sterio- 2 12s.... It was stolen and rolled Dec. 31 2002. One plate is mounted in my bedroom the other in the living room. The little -*%#er never appologized or offered to pay the deductible. Needless to say the after market stuff wasn't insured. Yes, the keys were loaned to him by a "friend" when I was out of the country. I cannot express how much I loved that truck. I drove the #@*! out of it and it took care of me.
I couldn't find a replacement for the amount of $ I got from insurance so I ended up, after a year of frustration, buying - choke - a f o r d ugh. I sold it real quick.
My question is, should I hold out for a SRT 10 untill I can find one I can afford? I am worried about not having a 4x4 because I like off roading and going to the beach. Or should I go for a 6 spd cummings 4x4. I have a messed up right arm and wrist from a hiking accident so a standard is out. All the affordable SRT 10s seem to be Hurst 6 spds. I am leary of getting a 2W but I can't deal with a gutless vehicle and the V10 gas has no resale value now right? I have about 20,000 to spend. Any help re., gas/deisel/2 wheel DRV., SRT10 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cindy in San Antonio.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: new

Hi Cindy, personally Id get the Cummins, with very few mods it will spank the SRT10 and you cant beat the power and torque they have straight from the factory.
Just my opinion [8D]

Old 10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
getinshapecindy

Thanks Bruce. I know they have the torque but I’m concerned with acceleration. That’s why I liked the V10 because I could haul heavy loads but still take off at 80mph or off the line - even before putting on the 4.56s. I have been told though, that as you say with a few mods the Cummins would smoke my old gas V10. But spank the SRT10 - really? wow
If that’s the case then I’ll for sure get a 2001 2500 I’m looking at. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again from an old school Newby. (Nice truck! ~~sigh~~)

Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to see a diesel ANYTHING short of a turbine outrun the V10 in the SRT. Definitely not a truck engine. My in-laws live in SA, I bought my truck there. I went to Carmax.

http://carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/factsheet.aspx