Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bed Cover for 2002 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Nassauvette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Cover for 2002 Ram

I'm looking for a bed cover for my 2002 Ram. I most likely will get a "soft" cover since I don't want to spend the $$ for a hard tonneau. I've looked at extang and truxedo. My desire is to get one without snaps, but rather velcro. I'll probably install it myself so I don't want one that is difficult to install or requires and holes to be drilled into my truck. Anyone have an opinion on which is the best?

Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Klute
Professional
Default RE: Bed Cover for 2002 Ram

I have an Extang with snaps and I like it. I have not been thru a winter yet, (harder to snap), but I hope it will be OK.

I considered the velro version, but I did not like having the rail inside the bed rather than on top. Rolling it up seemed to be a pain because the bars are part of the tonneau. I did like the smooth look with the top of the rail and bed. I could not justify the added $, so I went with the standard model.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I've got a hard cover & love it. Found it used for $300, matches the paint already, I only had to buy a new lock kit for $30 because the key's were lost on the old locks. My neighbor had a soft cover & was not happy with it. After 2 years in mild weather (Sacramento, CA) it was already tearing, so keep that in mind.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:34 AM
trumpetguy27

I don't know where you are located or whether you'd be interested or not .... but I have a nice snap on soft cover in good condition to get rid of... I need to get a cap. I bet we could work out a deal for you to buy it cheap if you'd be interested. Let me know if you might be interested and I can give you the details of exactly what it is and what not.

Quick Reply: Bed Cover for 2002 Ram