Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

over loaded how bad is itfor the truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:08 AM
lilmill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over loaded how bad is itfor the truck ?

I took some dirt to the dump and I new the truck was overloaded. On weigh back it said I dumped about 1.34 tons. My truck is loaded now with alittle more then the first trip now. I was wondering how bad is it to ride the stops. The first trip I was not riding the stops but they would hit. Now the truck is on the stops, Ive got about a 7 mile drive to work and I will dump it after work about another 12 miles or so. How bad is it to do this??

Old 07-21-2004, 01:30 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: over loaded how bad is itfor the truck ?

I would say you are running the risk of springing the suspension, breaking some part of the suspension, or springing the frame. This is an '04? All I can say is don't hit any bumps.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:38 AM
lilmill
Default RE: over loaded how bad is itfor the truck ?

yah I'm going to take it very easy. I was shocked at how much it sagged the first trip. The last time I moved dirt I used a f250 with a long bed and a six inch lift and it didn't sag at all like this. I should have gotten a 2500!

Quick Reply: over loaded how bad is itfor the truck ?