Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

If you have a Hemi Ram, READ THIS! Safety related...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:54 AM
WFO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have a Hemi Ram, READ THIS! Safety related...

My truck is about 2 months old.
The throttle stuck OPEN today.
In their infinite wisdom, DC has placed the throttle control solonoid or module or whatever they are calling it (and the associated wiring) right under the battery.
Apparently, my battery was leaking from the factory.
The acid ate through the throttle cable housing, leaving a melted gap about 1/2" long.
The acid also ate through the plastic conduit around the wires, but it looks like the wires are probably OK.
Anyway, the throttle felt kind of mushy when I started down the driveway, and when I pulled out onto the road and accelerated, it just stuck open. Being an old guy with a linkage brain I was thinking I could pop it loose by goosing it. Just went faster.
Fortunately I live about 1/2 mile from a Dodge dealer, so drove it there using the brakes for speed control.
Go open your hood NOW and make sure this isn't going to happen to you the next time you drive!
Since DC wouldn't even discuss the issue on the phone, it has been reported to the NHTSA.
DC Customer DIS-service. Gotta love it.

Quick Reply: If you have a Hemi Ram, READ THIS! Safety related...