Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

aero-turbine.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 PM
mopowrmike
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aero-turbine.com

hey df check out this web site www.aero-turbine.com they have sound clips of the muffler and a picture. heard it is a good muffler for the hemi. lots of responses from hemi owners. let me know what you think

Old 07-23-2004, 11:50 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: aero-turbine.com

Hype? I don't know. A lot of people have installed them. I understand they are extremely LOUD. Kind of expensive for the amount of material they put into the thing. I was giving consideration to one, but decided to go with a proven company - MagnaFlow.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:59 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a feeling it is BS. https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=57793

Read this thread. They don't back the muffler other than defects. That to me means it's BS. If you really sit down and think about how they say it works, it just doesn't make sense. How much temperature differential is there in a pipe where gases are moving at those speeds. Let me know what you think of the emails/thread.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

I have to admit though, the sound clip of the 98 Durango sounds really good. I am thinking about checking it out more.

Old 07-24-2004, 08:23 PM
moparturd
Banned

A guy I know at a local muffler shop had to remove one for a guy. His wife said it was way to loud on their Ram.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Racer Rob
Veteran

Good sounds like what the dr. ordered.

And as for any woman telling me to remove something on my truck, because its "too loud" I say

Old 07-24-2004, 10:31 PM
moparturd
Banned

[sm=lol.gif]

I've got to agree with you on that one. Although, I do understand if it sounded like a glasspack or something.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:48 PM
NaviDave

I have a 02 Ram / 5.9L. The 02/03's did not have a resonator.

It was too loud with just the Aero Turbine muffler. I ordered the resonator and installed it before the muffler (it is now 3" from about 18 inches behind the cat).

This combo sounds very nice - and is not too loud.

Let me put it in perspective. If my stock exhaust was 3 out of 10 (10 being high), just the muffler was a 9. Adding the resonator lowered it to about 5.

My father-in-law has a 04 Hemi - it has the stock resonator. Changing the muffler moved him from a 2 to a 4. My Mother-in-law is not unhappy - so it must not be too bad.

It turns head every time. That's not the reason I got the setup.

On the highway - I used to get 15MPG on the instant MPG readout. I now sit at 17MPG. 62mph - little wind - and it seems to always be a cross-wind these days.

Last weekend, I pulled my 5940lb 5th wheel (at least 6700lbs loaded) and got 9.5MPG. Not bad (I was pushing wind almost half the way).

It is also much snappier and my truck now jerks when shifting 1-2 and 2-3 - meaning more power to the rear wheels.

Lastly - my Father-in-law used to complain how his Hemi used to rev high - shift sloppily - rev and shift again.

After the swap - he says that it accelerates a bit better. The best thing is - it goes through the gears in a much more smooth fashion during hard acceleration.

Dave

Old 08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
machz69

well i still think its not bad. as long as your not loosing h.p. and they do say the will warrenty it for life. so that alone should be good if you do go with something like glass packs they should last like a year?

Old 08-04-2004, 01:49 AM
Sean99TJ

The site has an 04 hemi with the stock resonator on sound clip. It is about right on...the one thing they don't give you a clip of is hard acceleration...the aero turbine...sounds very nice until WOT...then it is awesome...people will stop and look when you drop the hammer.