Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Motor Oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:18 PM
hight
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor Oil

Bulldog, all of your responses are a bunch of useless handwaving. I personally think you are just a thick headed idiot, but hey, what do I know. I'm supposed to believe your "facts" because you supposed live close to some company? Uh, okay?! I think you've been breathing too much chemical waste!

I'm not about to put too much time in this thread to prove a point to someone who obviously feels nobody but him could possibly be right, not to mention I don't have a printout of a Mobil 1 website from 5 or more years ago. Call or knock on the door to Mobil and ask them yourself. I'm sure they have nothing to hide (why does that sound sarcastic).

How does my job relate to "automotive chemistry"? Well, I guess I could try to tell you, but whats the point. You can get drunk and do research worthy of Exxon-Mobil! I can't top that. Hell, who could? You've also proven that "sludge" in just some industry buzz word that hasn't existed for over 20 years!! FANTASTIC!

By the way, the company I work for does MUCH more than Paint Finishing work and only adds up to 4 engineers and 2 drafters company wide. I guess the fact that my company designed the machines that painted YOUR car or truck (as well and 80% of every other car or truck in the US and about 40% of all cars worldwide) shouldn't really tell anyone that my sources can be trusted, right? They are all just a bunch of idiots that have just gotten lucky to have held over 1,800 patents and probably know nothing about chemistry. I'm suprised we can even stay in business with quacks like these guys. (Yes, that is sarcasm). I'll just recommend that they get drunk everyday as that would surely help them be MUCH more productive!

By the way tell me some of your "engineering theorms" you used in your testing. I just may be familiar with a few of them.

Lastly, oil threads don't have to be heated. I think any thread with "bash'um over the head Flintstone politics" that Bulldog has seemed to mastered in automatically a heated debate.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:07 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Rumy, that is an excellent link!!!! I learned a ton of stuff!!!
The air filter test with the K&N verses the others was VERY INTERESTING!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!![sm=interesting.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 12:42 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the fact that my company designed the machines that painted YOUR car or truck (as well and 80% of every other car or truck in the US and about 40% of all cars worldwide)
Hey. Can you help a guy out on a new paintjob for his MoPar?[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 01:30 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

mopartodd, I also have to ask the question, why get so "hot and bothered" about oil?

If I was a smart race car driver or mechanic, I sure as heck wouldn't get in a major argument about the best oil...I'd find out which one was the best and keep the results to myself......that is, unless they are financially involved...

That's not for us to know or care.......[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 01:45 AM
moparturd
Banned

I suppose the problem is mine. It simply isn't an emotional subject for me. I use a major brand synthetic oil (politically corrected for sensitive readers) and am quite happy with the protection it provides.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I use Valvoline in mine at a quicky lube or here at home

Karen

Old 08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
hight

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

I guess the fact that my company designed the machines that painted YOUR car or truck (as well and 80% of every other car or truck in the US and about 40% of all cars worldwide)
Hey. Can you help a guy out on a new paintjob for his MoPar?[sm=smiley2.gif]
Probably not on a factory line, but as a car guy with a paint gun and a garage; SURE! You looking to do your Coronet?

BTW, enjoy the time when you can paint your car any color you want. A few of our R&D projects involve a multi-layer pigment impregnated plastic that cannot re-painted. Steel bodies will be a thing of the past in a few years along with custom paint jobs. As a car guy, this kind of hits a sore spot with me.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:53 PM
moparturd
Banned

Wow. What happens when the finish goes bad, or will it? Although I suppose that a base plastic coating will expand/contract better than paint on metal and hold up better to the environment. Sounds pretty interesting to me.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:07 PM
hight

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Wow. What happens when the finish goes bad, or will it? Although I suppose that a base plastic coating will expand/contract better than paint on metal and hold up better to the environment. Sounds pretty interesting to me.
It's got a clearcoat built in and you never have to wax it which is good. New, it's as nice and straight as a $5000 paint job, but I have no idea how it looks after 100,000 miles. Volkswagen is currently using it for the tops of their minivans. I guess we'll see!

But I'll stop hi-jacking this thread.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:45 PM
moparturd
Banned

Got a link? I'd like to learn some more.

Quick Reply: Motor Oil