Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

04 HEMI dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:25 AM
sudadog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 HEMI dyno results

Just got my truck dyno'd tonight. Thought you guys might be interested in the results...

The only performance mods I have are cat-back exhaust and a K&N FIPK. I run with standard 87 octane fuel.

Here are some FYIs for any of you wanting to get it done. I'm no expert on the subject, but here's what I picked up from the guy at the dyno shop:

1) If you have AWD, have them disable the electronic transfer case by unplugging it. That way you dont have to run it on a four wheel dyno.

2) Until someone comes out with a chip for the HEMI, there is no way to get an accurate reading due to the low speed it is governed at (105mph or about 6000rpm).

3) Running the truck in first gear is currently the only way to get a semi-accurate reading

4) The stock air-fuel ratio is too low. Again, we need a tuner chip to fix this...

I've attached a copy of the dyno reading. Red is the first run (2nd gear), it shut down at 4200rpm due to the speed limiter. Blue is the second run ( 1st gear). The dyno guy said these numbers are lower than peak HP due to the gear ratio and that he needs to run it in 3rd without a speed / rpm governor to get a true, accurate reading. However, for now this is the best to be had...

Peak RWHP=247.5hp
Peak RWT=270.7ft-lbs

Old 08-01-2004, 10:21 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 04 HEMI dyno results

I ran my truck back in April and got similar results, see below. We ran mine in 2nd gear. I have a K&N, Mobil 1, and the resonator removed. At that time the truck had 3500 miles on it.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM
machz69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mopartodd you have a k&n filter and what eles? whats the mobil1 and whats the resinator? thnaks

Old 08-02-2004, 01:20 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No other mods. Mobil 1 is synthetic oil and a resonator is a noise suppression device used downstream of the muffler.

Quick Reply: 04 HEMI dyno results