Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Fuel pump @ 32k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
DakaDan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump @ 32k miles

We'll took a 3 day vacation last weekend to wisconsin dells. Pull into shell to fill up, turn the car off. Then it wouldn't start, it cranked but wouldn't run. Dont understand, car ran fine till I got to shell. Got it towed to Barabo dodge...... fuel pump. ~30k miles isnt that low for a fuel pump. Now I am waiting to get pump installed. Thank god for warranty. Bad thing I have to travel ~200 miles to pick it up... Argh.... Had to vent....

DakaDan

Old 08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel pump @ 32k miles

They can go at any time, but I'd have to agree with you that was quick. Just be thankful you were not somewhere that you would have to walk to get to a phone.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:36 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

My 02 chevy's pump went at 20k luckily it went right after i got back from a vaca in NC. I have heard tons of stories as to why they go. I was told several times that running on less than half a tank all the time contributes because some use the fuel as coolant but i'm not sure how realistic that is.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:45 PM
rambo97
Rookie

I think there is truth in that rumor.. I have a 97 dodge ram and my fuel pump went at 75K... the mechanic said to keep my tank over half way, since the dodge fuel pumps work inside the gas tank and use fuel to cool it, less fuel, less cool! LOL... Ive also heard the weak link in dodge trucks is the fuel pump, as much as I dont wanna admit there are any weak links, this may be true! LOL, I dont know about you DakaDan, but also, my fuel pump job wasnt cheap to fix!

Quick Reply: Fuel pump @ 32k miles