Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bent my bumper today...any replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:24 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent my bumper today...any replacements?

Hey everyone, I have a 2003 RAM Quad Cab and I wasn't thinking today as I backed into a cement column. Any cheap replacements without spending an arm and a leg? I just hope that I can replace this easy and reattach the black plastic on top of the bumper.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:43 PM
rambo97
Rookie
Default RE: Bent my bumper today...any replacements?

well, cheap isnt really an option with rear bumpers man... I got rear ended last summer in my 97 ram... dented my bumper ( totalled the guys VOLVO tho! LOL) and I searched high and low for a new bumper cheap... Found the best price online at www.autocustomizers.com, they have one that fits the new rams for about 180 bucks ( in powdercoat black)... I opted for a street scene roll pan tho... which is about 30 bucks cheaper, but much less protection if youre gonna make a habit of backin into things! LOL,, good luck man, check out the web for the best deals!

Old 08-14-2004, 01:56 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I dinged mine too. I found quite a few on ebay brand new for about $200

Old 08-14-2004, 04:08 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I looked at Ebay too and looks like an OEM rear chrome bumper is good for about 215 plus 44 dollars to ship. Still cheaper then using my buddies reseller license and buying at the dealer for $373. I know if I just walked into the dealer they would charge me the normal 535 dollars!

So ordering one this week.... What I am hoping is that I can use my black plastic on top of the bumper. I don't know if the new bumpers come with new plastic on top, but if I can use mine, I hope that because my plastic is bent now, that it will reshape to the normal unbent shape on the new bumper....understand? ugh!

Old 08-16-2004, 03:32 AM
mikegonzo
Veteran

ok , I paid $262 total for a new rear chrome Dodge RAM 1500 2002-2004 bumper off of Ebay...That includes shipping...will let everyone know how it turns out and submit before and after pics for you to see.

Mike

Quick Reply: Bent my bumper today...any replacements?