Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Debadging my ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:51 PM
rambo97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debadging my ram

There was another thread about this, but it seems to have gone stag...
I know to take my badges off, I should use a hot air gun or hair dryer, dental floss and then Bug, Tar, Sap remover to get the gunk off... but How would I go about getting the DODGE, and 4X4 off the tailgate... and SPORT off both sides ( they are some sort of decal) Also, would there be a noticeable difference in paint color where the badges used to be ( assuming I wash and wax it regularly)... any suggestions would be helpful.. as well as any methods anyone has used to get their badges off.Thanks

Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:27 AM
jbrun
Default RE: Debadging my ram

Check between your door jams and the exterior. If you don't notice any color change between the two, you may be safe.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:10 PM
rambo97
Rookie

Hey thanks for the advice... judgin by the door jams, Im good to go... just one question still remains... any good way to get those SPORT and 4X4 decals off the truck?

Old 08-19-2004, 09:46 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

I think they make a rubber wheel that can take off decals without hurting the finish

Old 08-19-2004, 02:32 PM
vlsun
Veteran

i removed my decals a few days ago, and it looks really clean, i love it. all i used was a hairdryer to heat the decals, then scrapped and pulled with my fingers. the adhesive residue i sprayed with wd-40, let it sit a few minutes, then scraped and wiped off. it was simple, just takes a while.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Gorleist

i took off the dodge and sport badges off my ram about a year ago. i just used a razor blade. doin it this way you have to be very careful not to cut the paint off. but id have too say that the easiest way to do it is to get some sticker remover and spray them down then they should basicly just peal off.

Quick Reply: Debadging my ram