Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

fuel consumption

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 AM
reddragon1q2w
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel consumption

i have a 98 dodge ram witha little lessthan200,000 miles on it alreadybut it runs very good. the engine is in good shapewith just a little valve cover leak, never gets hot, and has a tuned up every so often. i have added a exhaut cutout and a throttlebody spacer adding a great amount of power for cheap, thoughthe truck seems to eat to much gas. does anyone no what might be the problem? could it be the aftermarket parts?

Old 02-14-2007, 01:24 AM
nascarnut
Professional
Default RE: fuel consumption

your right foot. If you add power, you tend to get on the gas alittle harder. Has this problem started after you added the parts?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:02 AM
reddragon1q2w
Default RE: fuel consumption

i think i found out what it is. i think it is my spark plugs. they r burning up because of the hotter coil and my trans dont warm up all the way. also i took it to my schools shop and found out that my 02 sensor is not reading that great. so i might have to buy performance plugs and a new sensor.

Quick Reply: fuel consumption