Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Volant CAI

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 04:18 AM
sabbat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant CAI

I have been looking at Volant CAI's lately but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them I'm interested in the Volant model for my 2000 dodge ram 1500 5.9 litre. any idea what kind of boost it would provide? will it help out my gas mileage at all and if so how much? and how much horsepower gain can i expect if i install that? the ram air scoop looked interesting as well does anyone know the benefits of having that as well as the normal Volant CAI? just one more question since i don't really know much about trucks besides what I’ve learned the past few weeks researching, is one company better then the others when it comes to the product you get? so far i like the looks of Volant and AEM but performance wise is it better to go with looks or something that may look shoddy but is suppose to work better? sorry for the massive amount of questions this is just a mod i really want to do and its better to know everything going in to it then to find things out as you go

Old 08-20-2004, 12:48 PM
jbrun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volant CAI

Yes the CAI will help your mileage. As for the HP increase, I think Volant is claiming 10 to 15%. In my personal opinion all aftermarket intakes are built basicly the same. The only thing I prefer is that the tube between the filter and throttle body be stainles steel. There are some that are high density plastic and of course the rubber, but in my opinion the stainless stays cooler. As for the Ram Air, they are a good idea since the air is being drawn into the intake from outside. The fresher and cooler the better.

Quick Reply: Volant CAI