Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Low Oil Pressure????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
rob1971
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure????

This is my first time here and I am hoping I can get some help. I have a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 5.2. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago.I drove 15 minutes down the road and everything seemed fine until it started running rough. I looked at the dash gauges and the oil pressure dropped down around the 20 or 30 area I think and the rpm's were way low. It is fine when I first start out but after it warms up (10 minutes or so) the oil pressure drops down and acts like it wants to stall.I changed the oil and filter today and also replaced the serpentine belt because it was all worn out. I check the trouble codes and I get 12, 37, 21, & 32 which all seems to do with different sensors. I hope I can get some help at getting my oil pressure back. What steps should I take next to try and solve this problem???

Old 02-22-2007, 03:17 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Oil Pressure????

Do you know what those codes point to (each)? I have a newer truck (and car). When I looked at the codes I saw, EGR, O2 (12 the bat disconnect...don't wory too much about this one if it is the same) and 37 for the park/netrual switch. Are those what you thought they were? If so I would think you have an EGR malfunction. If stuck wide open, not only will the engine run poor (and if the engine is about to stall, your oil pressure may be running a bit low but 20-30 should not cause a engine running problem), but it can cause a O2 misread.

Quick Reply: Low Oil Pressure????