Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 11:54 PM
kevro7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny

I think i talked to someone about this once, but driving down the highway the torque converter clutch doesn't always stay engaged. could the problem be in the transmission output shaft speed sensor? i've replaced many things and they seem to help but doesn't completely fix it. Sometimes driving i can get the clutch to stay locked up for the entire trip but other times it locks and unlocks constanly. already replaced tps sensor and plenum gasket. what do you think? should i just go ahead and replace speed sensor, or am i just wasting time and money?

kevin

Old 08-23-2004, 01:52 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tranny

Replace the TPS, the output sensor nor none of the trans sensors for that matter can cause the trans to hunt for TCC during cruise application.

Old 08-23-2004, 01:56 AM
kevro7
Rookie

however, i just replaced the TPS less than a week ago. It does this when under manual operation and will rarely lockup when using cruise control.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
kevro7
Rookie

i hate to keep coming back to this, but its really frustrating me not be able to figure out the problem. a little more insight..... most days, driving down the road, i can get the TCC to lockup by depressing the brake pedal slightly. However, some days it doesn't matter what i do, it won't lockup. I found that the rear axle speed sensor which has something to do with the brakes is a common problem with the '98 ram. could this cause anything like this?
sorry that i keep bothering you all about this.

thanks
kevin

Quick Reply: tranny