Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

4.7L Engine Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 04:38 PM
joeizcool
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7L Engine Mod Suggestions

I currently have a 2003 Ram 1500 4.7L quad cab truck and wanted to give it a little more performance power on the streets. I have dual port flowmasters installed and it sounds nice, but i want a little more under the hood to back up the flowmasters. There is one extenuating circumstance however and that is I am totally clueless as to where I should start on this project. I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions that might helpt to that end. I was thinking of putting a cool air intake from volant under the hood and tweaking the ECM or ECU (whichever it is) but I can't find a programmer to tweak the settings for my style of vehicle. As you can probably already tell, I'm lost and any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tristan
joeizcool2@yahoo.com

Old 08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: 4.7L Engine Mod Suggestions

There is a "piggy-back" module from jet chips. Lil over $300 and the dyno showed about 25hp increase. Somewhere here is a post about the jet chip that I put up. It has a link to Truckin magsinstall and review of the chip.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:36 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie
Default RE: 4.7L Engine Mod Suggestions

I wouldn't put any chips in it. My standard 4.7L lost power with a Jet module so i took it out.

Quick Reply: 4.7L Engine Mod Suggestions