Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2006 Dodge Ram w/5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:26 PM
hans1577
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Ram w/5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS?

I guess this half way relates to my previous post, by the way thanks for the input. I took my truck back to the dealership today for the 6th time for a vibration in the muffler, and it still isn't fixed. The clamp in front of the cv only has one bolt to tighten it down instead of two like a regular one. At that location, I can move the muffler back and forth 1". When I go to take off it vibrates and sounds like immortal ****! Then between 20 and 35 mph it starts knocking and grinding, sort of like a drone, and it also does it between 45 and 55 mph. This is why I was thinking of adding dual exhaust, but that will kill the waranty. When this is going on, if I take the overdrive off, it quits. Therefore I'm wandering if it has something to do with the MDS kicking in. I only have 6,100 miles on it and absolutly love the truck, it just sucks putting it in the shop 6 times in 6 months. It did not do this for the first 3,500 to 4,000 miles. The technician said he thought the muffler was to heavy. Hell, I thought about having it welded on. Just wandering if anyone else has any issues or have heard of any at all similar to this. By the way I have not done anything to this vehicle besides look wise, so it is bone stock. In other words, this is definitely scaring me away from dual exhaust, was looking at the flow master 50 HD that is supposedly made for Hemi's. Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Eternalodyssey
Amateur
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Ram w/5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS?

Just bought a 2006 Ram Hemi and haven't noticed anything similar to what you're describing. I had stock exhaust for two weeks before I threw on a Magnaflow and wouldn't notice a vibration now if it came out and smacked me though. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
crazeejay

I hadn't noticed anything like that either after I got my '06. Right now I don't have any of the factory exhaust on mine after the cats. I just have a 3" Dynomax race bullet glasspack exiting in front of the rear wheel. It's prolly too loud for the majority of people but I love the performance.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
WagRam

I have a 2007 Ram Hemi powered...and so far nothing like what you are describing sorry...and I have 5000 KMS (3000 miles) on it now...and I have towed a 5X8 Enclosed Trailer, and a 30' Travel Trailer behind it.....I would say 50% of the mileage is towing....and 30% hard towing....and no vibrations....sorry I couldn't help...

Old 03-15-2007, 08:13 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

I have a 2006 Ram Hemi, and just changed the exhaust on it today. I went with the flowmaster 50series and ran dual pipes out the back and had it dumped right before the back bumper. I absolutely love it. I like the clean look of no exhaust pipes thats why i went this route. My truck has the MDS on it as well. I put a flowmaster 40series on it before i put the 50 and i had it dumped right after the muffler, infront of the rear tires. That was way to loud inside the cab, and the MDS annoyed the hell out of me. That also sounded really really bad at high RPM'S. Since i put the flowmaster 50series on today, the MDS sound isnt bad at all, and it sounds great through the whole RMP range. Its sounds really good inside the cab too! Its not too loud when your sunday driving, but when you put your foot into it you know its a HEMI

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Ram w/5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS?