Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

EGT Temps too hi

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 AM
plasterman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGT Temps too hi

I have an 05 CTD with a coupleofmods. Strait pipe and intake tube stock air box and filter. I put an egt guage in at around 10k when I got to about 25k I started getting egt's above 1100 soon after I could get 1400 now with 47k I can get 1400 empty in the first 1/8 mile. I have taken it to the dealer and I get the run around aboutit being my fault for the mods I have done. They also tell me there is no spec from dodge cummins on what is too hot.BTW I have changed guage 3 times and the probe is in the manifold not the down tube.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EGT Temps too hi

No other mods? No chip? Sure sounds like the truck is gettin' more fuel than air. What's your boost pressure runnin at? Is it low? Any strange sounds like hissing? Or like air leaking out of a hole?.lol.

Any chance your turbo bearings are whipped? Does it spool up any slower than usual?

I can get 1600 on my Ram, intenionally. I keep it there for about 5 seconds......lol.

Lets us know if there were any more mods.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these HPCR engines fuel to the boost differently than the 12 valve you have DD and the only way to increase fueling to to boost fool electronicly, however this is a stock truck. . .I'm wondering what kind of boost numbers you are getting. also, you may have an injector that is sticking open. have you noticed excess black smoke from the exhaust.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 AM
plasterman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the edge monitor but took it off because of the temps I was getting. It made no change in the EGT's. I replaced the whole edge unit with another new one but the temps stayed the same. With both monitors I was getting 32 psi boost onsetting 2 and if I put it on 5 I would get 40 psi. The thing is when I put the first unit in the EGT's were not out of line. Yes I could get it hot but I had to try. and by hot I mean 1100 deg.Even without the edge it still runs very well ( it is acummins )I don't think the air to air is leaking or that itis down on power. I can get it to smoke a lot but only if I have been easing around town and then stand on it and it only smokes for the first gear above 2000 rpm but then it's cleared up and burning clean.MORE FEED BACK PLEASE!!!!

Quick Reply: EGT Temps too hi