Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Ram lifting question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Gecko1739
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram lifting question

Ok here’s the deal:
I need to lift my 98 ram. I was going to do a fabtech suspension lift (but that’s too much money!) so I am thinking of adding 2in coil spacers in the front and a 2in add-a-leaf in the rear. And I am also thinking of then doing a 2-3in body lift in addition to that. The reason of all the lifting is so I can put some huge tires on.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

Old 08-28-2004, 03:49 AM
notrod59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram lifting question

If you're going to do it I suggest saving your money until you can do it right. You will like the end result a lot more with a quality lift kit. Not to mention the safety factor involved. I've never used spring spacers but the sound of them just doesn't scream "Quality or Safety" to me.
I have a 3" body lift on my Blazer (along with heavy duty 4" suspension) and it just isn't right. It lets the body flex so much that it pops the spot welds on the front fenders loose. Not the mention that I can't open the doors when it's twisted. It's gonna get a nice "Softride" type suspension someday when $$$ allows.

(Just so you understand, I bought the Blazer this way, as a toy)

Quick Reply: Ram lifting question