Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bedliners Spray Vs Drop In

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:06 PM
synseer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bedliners Spray Vs Drop In

Soon as I can afford it I'm going to get a spray in liner for my truck. Know too many people that have them and seen how good they work.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM
bryanp56

Are the do it yourself brush on/spray on liners any good?

Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
minex
Veteran

The one thing I liked about my drop in bed liner was the fact that it absorbed impact a lot better than my spray in liner. I could throw anything in the drop in bed liner and never worried about causing a dent. However, I would still suggest getting a spray in bed liner. After 9 years, the drop in bed liner essentially took off all of the paint in my bed.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

ORIGINAL: bryanp56

Are the do it yourself brush on/spray on liners any good?
Well, that depends. The do-it-yourself stuff might be OK for you but it is not as durable as the professional stuff. It's not even in the same ballpark.

This truck is at my shop right now. We are going to apply LINE-X Xtra (a gray color match) on the entire exterior of the truck. It has a do-it-yourself bedliner in it and we're going to strip it out. It's worn and chipped in many areas. Here's some pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/GrayExt1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/GrayExt2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/GrayExt3.jpg

Old 05-21-2007, 03:54 PM
trodery

How about this for a drop in type? It's NOT CARPET and no you don't need to put a cover on it. You can see more of it at bedrug.com . I just installed mine last week.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

I sell Bedrugs also and yes, it is carpeting. It's closed cell poly knap, like indoor/outdoor carpeting. Bedrug is a good product, just wash it out to clean it. Twigs, leaves, etc. tend to get caught up in it though. I do not recommend it for work trucks, the knap will tear with heavy duty use. Otherwise it's OK for the occasional truck bed user.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 AM
CubanHemi
Amateur

I just bought my Ram this past week end and the dealer sprayed in Alpha liner before I picked. Probably the best investment in the truck. Right there alongside with synthetic fludis. Great Stuff but just becareful with slamming stuff into it. I hear the metal underneath is still prone to denting. Good Luck.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Badfish0891

With a drop in liner you paint may wear off with time but it should ne rust unless you gouge the metal real deep. It is made of Galvanized steel. Galvanized steel has gone through a chemical process to keep it from corroding. The steel gets coated in layers of zinc because rust won't attack this protective metal. For countless outdoor, marine, or industrial applications, galvanized steel is an essential fabrication component.So the rhino liner guys (HORROR) pics are to get you to buy the product.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I have a Rhino spray in bedliner on my F350 work truck. It has held up to moderate use, however, it has quikcly faded to a dark grayish color and if you rub it with your clothes or sit on it, the color transfers to your clothes. The thing is 1 year old and looks like crap. I won't spray my own truck with it because of this. My truck came with the generic drop in from the factory and that will work for now.

I had a BedRug on Lightning which had a tonneau cover. It was really nice and looked great. I also wouldn't use it in any type of work truck. If I ever get a tonneau, I may add one in the Ram too.

Quick Reply: Bedliners Spray Vs Drop In