Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tailgate Paint Wear

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:26 PM
jem3650
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate Paint Wear

My factory bed liner is wearing the paint away from my tailgate where it lips up over the tailgate. Any one know if theres anything out there that I can put on the tailgate to protect it. I saw the metal tail gate caps but they can be used with the full bedliner????

Old 08-30-2004, 12:05 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Tailgate Paint Wear

I'll bet if you took the bed liner out, you'd notice paint worn or chafed on the bed and the wheel wells also. If you can afford a spray-in bed liner, you could have all that paint wear taken care of. If you can't, 3M makes a clear vinyl tape that would keep further paint wear from taking place. It's sort of expensive though, especially in the width you'd need.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took chip gaurd and put it between the bed and liner. No more scratches. Also works great in between the body and mud flaps.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:30 PM
sxtram37
Rookie

i think spray on bed liners are cool, as soon as i have enough money, i am getting one.

Quick Reply: Tailgate Paint Wear