Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Overhead Console Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 04:04 PM
redneckcountry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overhead Console Install

Hi all, am new to the forum.</P>

I own a 99 Ram 1500 and am trying to add an overhead console with all the bells and whistles where one never existed. I was able to find and install the actual console. I also bought new from dodge the correct wiring harness. The problem is that the dealer is unwilling or unable to help with the wiring schematics of where it plugs into under the dash and also for the temp sensor. I know the large plug ,plugs into the rear of the fuse box on the driver's side, but there is another smaller plug(on same end of harness)which i have'nt a clue where it goes. The display on the console is presently reading " CCd " which I assume is some sort of error signal. Also, I do not have the temp sensor hooked up as I belive I may need the wiring from sensor to main engine wiring harness, but do not know where/what to look for. Does anyone have any info on this wiring and where it goes or any diagrams and also any ideas on the CCd display? Thanks for now.</P>

</P>

Quick Reply: Overhead Console Install