Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

BOOST PRESSURE PROBLEM.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:26 PM
autolox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOST PRESSURE PROBLEM.

...and yes, I've checked my turbo resonator - It's fine - I actually have the "old" sprinter motor where the resonator is one solid tube, AFTER the intercooler....not before it..

Symptoms -

engine won't rev over about 1900 RPM

NO BOOST PRESSURE - even directly off of the turbo

FUEL Filter replaced already, air filter replaced already. transmission recently service by sprinter dealer - tranny fluid level has been checked.

Break lights are working fine.

Shifts out of PARK with no issues.

I can manually shift - and get over 1900 RPM - but, still don't have any boost pressure directly off of the turbocharger...

AND THE BEST PART!!

Just put a new turbo on today!!!

Am considering new intercooler - but, since we don't even have boost pressure into the intercooler - that kinda cancels that out...

I do get plenty of force from tailpipe - engine idles with regular balance, no abnormal shakes - I have had an injector replaced, and when a cylinder isn't runnin' right on a sprinter - it will NOT idle like it does running properly...

I have read a little bit about a "boost pressure sensor" - but, I have a current parts catalog - and there is no listing for a "boost pressure sensor" - I could see something like this going wrong..

any ideas welcome!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 AM
ratchett11
Default RE: BOOST PRESSURE PROBLEM.

alot of the boost pressure sensors are serviced with a new turbo unit some are seperate. But before you get into that check your intake hose. Have seen a few split (as small as a 1/2 inch) on the bottom side of the hose closer to the intake side. You need to remove hose to inspect sometimes it is hard to see.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:11 AM
mtngoatbb
Default RE: BOOST PRESSURE PROBLEM.

egr stuck open? checked fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: BOOST PRESSURE PROBLEM.