Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

Dodge Sprinter

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Dodge_Sniper
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Sprinter

Anything YOU don't know?

Old 06-24-2005, 08:29 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

yes, everything

haha[sm=joke.gif], or am i[8D]

Old 06-24-2005, 08:45 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Anything YOU don't know?
Alot... [&:]

Anymore questions we can help answer for you Ron?

-Matt-

Old 06-25-2005, 05:26 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

I was thinking about picking one up for a race transporter. Turn the cargo area into a mini RV and put a hitch on it for the trailer. Sadly only a automatic tranny is offered.

Old 06-25-2005, 06:10 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen a lot of Sprinters. The UPS here has all Sprinters. Also, DHL has them.

They have 3 different kinds, not just eh one that is tall and skinny.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have test drove three different 10-passenger Sprinter vans. The first was the original 2003 model year. Nothing to write home about on that model year.

The 2005 Sprinter 10-passenger had better options and an improved AC unit. The AC unit looks more like the AC units found on Class-C RV's. The DW and I don't like the very stiff 10-passenger seats, but the cockpit front seats are nice. I can see all of our children with stiff backs and necks after a two hour drive.

I know that there has been talk at DCX about improving those seats for the 2006-1/2 model year. Seeing is believeing for us now.

I have a 2000 conversion RAM VAN that I would like to trade in for one that has better passenger seats. I'll still keep our 12-passenger RAM VAN since it's great for towing our TT.

Peace!

Stev

Old 04-07-2006, 08:50 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker

They are sooooo ugly! i would be embarassed to drive one!

Old 05-01-2006, 03:42 AM
wildbill
Veteran

This might the right place to ask about this (I hope) -- Not a fan of the new MB rebadged Sprinter vans myself. I spent a LOT of time in high school and college being hauled around to games on weekends in the old Ram vans. What happened to those? I know Dodge/DCX stopped making them, but I was talking to someone who said they where made illegal for transporting passengars (school kids, in particular). Haven't found much on the subject, but it piqued my interest...

Anyone know what happened there?

Old 05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wildbill,

Here in NY state, the 15 passenger vans are not allowed to transport people anymore that are with an organization. People still can purchase them used for family and personal use. DCX stopped making those vans in 2002 for passenger versions and 2003 for cargo versions. There are several class action lawsuits for 15-passenger vehicle roll-overs. Ford has the most, GM is in the middle and Dodge had the least. However, they went with the Sprinter for a very low center of gravity.

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Van B2500 12-passenger. It's is still legal to haul people around for an organization since it's for 12 people use. Ford still makes the 12-passenger too that competes with the Sprinter now that can only haul 10 people around. The Ford has a diesel as well. However, the fuel savings is still a big winner for the Spinter. The GMC Express is lame since elbow room and the vehicle narrow body isn't preferred by many.

I really like the Sprinter for the ability of use. The looks are OK long as it's the shorter roof line. I'm not into the taller roofs. The DW and I were looking at a nice 10-passenger 2004 unit. However, at $36k, we walked. In two weeks, I got the 12-passenger mentioned for only $8k with little miles on it.

Stev

Old 05-08-2006, 03:12 AM
wildbill
Veteran

Interesting! Nice buy on the 01 Ram Van too! I take it that's the one in your sig- looking good!

Quick Reply: Dodge Sprinter